Technical Support Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems.
- Resolves tickets representing staff-generated technical requests or problems and troubleshoots technical and process issues to maintain productivity.
- Maintains system functionality by testing computer components.
- Helps design and implement networks.
- Consults with users to determine appropriate hardware and software needs and assists in placing orders.
- Maximizes computer systems capabilities by studying technical applications and making recommendations.
- Tests compatibility of new programs with existing ones.
- Gathers data to identify and evaluate technical purchasing options.
- Confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs, comparing them with established standards, and making modifications.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives and testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
- Installs software and necessary applications for workflow.
- Trains users on new software in person or through a variety of tutorial channels, including self-guided training videos, user manuals, and digital instruction pages, often in collaboration with technical writers.
- Maintains system capability by testing computer components.
- Carries out software, network, and database performance tuning.
- Documents hardware and software updates.
- Keeps up to date on technical advancements by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Prepares reference material for users by drafting operation instructions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com